- Affinity and support groups
- Lunch and Learn educational series
- Arts and culture excursions
- New teacher workshops and professional development
- Visits and assessments by nationally recognized consultants
- Annual minority teacher recruitment career fair
- Dedicated team of faculty members to lead inclusion programs
- Affinity groups and clubs
- Diversity speakers at assemblies
- Student council and exchange programs
- Featured artist and author visits
- Community cultural celebrations
- Affinity groups and diversity representatives in parent groups
- Common Ground Parent Committee: Connecting Parents and Creating Community
An Inclusive Educational and Spiritual Community
Westminster embraces and values the unique qualities and traits of each of its members.
We recognize that an informed understanding of one's own identity not only contributes to the development of a healthy, empowered young adult but also enhances the learning experience for each and every member of the community. Consequently, we celebrate our growing diversity through protection and exploration of individual difference articulated along a wide spectrum that includes, but certainly is not limited to race, class, gender, religion, and sexual orientation.
We have an ongoing commitment to hire and retain a passionate, talented, diverse faculty; to admit a gifted student body that reflects the diversity within our city; and to offer a rich and varied curriculum that prepares our students to address local and global challenges as citizens of the world. To meet these goals, we are also committed to sustaining a safe environment for everyone.
We believe in diversity, the work required to achieve its end, and its ability to contribute positively to the world around us. Moreover, we believe that the creative tension diversity sometimes yields provides opportunity for self-reflection and community dialogue that helps forge a more authentic knowledge of each other and a truer sense of unity. This important work will further enable our students to become leaders of conscience.